Sunday 19 October 2008

Building, again

After my successful build of mono, I have been attempting to build MonoDevelop from source. After finding yet another dependency that I had to try to install I gave up at the point of having two libraries that both depended on another separate library (cairo and pango that depended on libpng... I think). Anyway I couldn't get the dependencies to sort themselves out. After much googling, in particular the Mono mailing list, I came across someone else who'd successfully compiled MonoDevelop on Mac OSX.

I was reluctant to use MacPorts or fink as I don't have an internet connection at home so I'd have to work out how to get MacPorts or fink to work without a connection to the internet. Anyway, I've been somewhere with wireless all weekend so I've decided to admit defeat, and just use MacPorts and follow Bart Masschelein's instructions.

Unfortunately, they haven't worked for me and the make stage is failing with:

Unhandled Exception: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetExportedTypes () [0x00000]
at Mono.CSharp.RootNamespace.ComputeNamespaces (System.Reflection.Assembly assembly) [0x00000]
at Mono.CSharp.RootNamespace.ComputeNamespaces () [0x00000]
at Mono.CSharp.Driver.LoadReferences () [0x00000]
at Mono.CSharp.Driver.Compile () [0x00000]
at Mono.CSharp.Driver.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000]

Bart does mention that he had to upgrade to the version 0.3.1 of mono-addins:

I would recommend to hold your horses a bit... I upgraded my local install of mono-addins from 0.3 to 0.3.1, and this solves the add-ins issue.

As I'm not sure how to do this, I'll have to leave this for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment